Monday, September 2, 2013

String of Pearls Quilt-a-Long

My String of Pearls quilt...from beginning.....
to middle....
To quilting (and lmost another "Oops" with not enough batting!!)...
 to end!
You notice the black binding.  I was going to do a scrappy binding with all of the "pearl" colors, but hubby saw the quilt asked if it could be his.   I said sure, then he asked what I was binding it with.  He really preferred the black (he's seeing computer screens in this quilt NOT a String of Pearls - LOL!)  
I'll just keep that scrappy binding because I still have quite a stash of Pearl Bracelet fabrics to use it with!
I want to thank Christa from Christa Quilts for hosting this quilt-a-long.  It was a lot of fun and if you want to see some really creative takes on this pattern, go check out the Flickr site.  Very inspiring!!


7 comments:

ChristaQuilts said...

This looks so great - and you are right, it's a little more masculine with the black binding.

I totally can see computer screens, LOL!!

Nice finish!!

Lynn said...

I can see why he likes it. I like it too!

Diane said...

wonderful-love how you quilted it!

Karen said...

This looks great and your quilting is lovely. I think it is wonderful that your hubby liked it and wanted it for himself!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. It looks great.

Nicole said...

Wow!! That is an amazing looking quilt! Incredible fabric.

Sarah said...

Love this fabric, and love that your hubby sees something completely different to us!