Monday, June 14, 2010

Jelly Roll Sampler #8 and a New Schnibble!

We're coming down the home stretch for the Jelly Roll Sampler quilt. Block number 8 is in the can! I made a few changes to the pattern - I did some 2-1/2 squares in the middle 9-patch instead of making all the squares from two fabrics. I also used only one fabric for the inner border. I made the changes only based on the fabrics I was using, not because I didn't like the original. I'm happy with my version though...

The only other quilty business I accomplished this weekend (clearly, I did not get to sew as much as I'd have liked!), was to start my newest Schnibble! I was not going to participate this month in the Year of Schnibbles, but the more I looked at the pattern - State Fair - I thought, oh, why not! I had the perfect fabric too - two charm packs of Moda's Wonderland by MoMo. I'm using Kona Snow for the white.  I'm having to add some fabrics from my stash because I had to pull out a number of lighter fabrics from the charm packs that just won't work. But I spotted a jelly roll in the cupboard that will fit in nicely!  Here are my blocks so far - just the Wonderland, I haven't made any blocks with the add-in fabrics yet.  The blocks are fun to make and coming along nicely!


We had guests for dinner on Saturday night (the reason I didn't get all that much sewing in, what with the cleaning and the shopping and the making of the dinner!), and dinner was delicious if I do say so myself - and the guests said so too! o:).  Along with a parmesan risotto and garlic green beans- I made Ina Garten's Shrimp Scampi.  My oh my, if you like shrimp, make this - it was simply divine!

4 comments:

Sandy H said...

Love the Wonderland--can't wait to see it further along, too. Great stuff!

Michelle said...

Both projects are going to be lovely. :-)

Ivory Spring said...

HI Denise,

Those are LOVELY projects in progress! I love love love the fabrics.

Becky said...

Love the changes that you made to Block 8. I pulled fabrics for block 8 and 9 today. Your State Fair is coming along nicely. Where do you purchase your Schnibbles each month for the Year of Schnibbles? I have trouble finding them locally.